Lawmakers want a 50%+ price increase for patients
The Florida House is back at it: trying to cap THC levels in smokeable medical marijuana, effectively enacting a giant tax on medical cannabis in Florida.
Enter your home address at the link below to find your representative, and then call, email, or contact your State Rep on social media and tell them to oppose this new MMJ tax on Florida patients and caregivers!
The Florida House of Representatives wants you to pay 50% more for medical marijuana. Tell them NO.
***The legislature should oppose any effort to tax patients by imposing arbitrary THC caps on medical marijuana***
***THC caps equal an MMJ tax on patients- period***
***THC caps means that patients will smoke more, pay more and buy more medical marijuana to achieve the same effect***
***THC caps will force vulnerable, immunocompromised patients to the black market***
- The Florida Legislature continues to try and place arbitrary limits on the THC content of smokeable medical marijuana - capping the THC percentages at 10% for any flower sold in an MMTC.
- Capping THC levels in flower would impose a giant tax on medical marijuana patients and caregivers in Florida.
- The average *minimum* THC content for most flower sold in Florida MMTCs is around 15%, with most strains in the 15-25% range of THC percentages.
- That means a 10% cap would equal at least a 50% price increase on the cost of flower and up to 150% or more increase.
- In addition to the potential cost increase, THC caps mean patients have to *smoke* between 50-150% more marijuana to achieve the same or similar medicinal effect.
- THC percentages are not necessarily the most important thing to patients, but they absolutely matter. For the vast majority of patients, there is a direct correlation between the amount of THC consumed and both the strength and duration of the patient’s medicinal relief.