We need you back in Tallahassee this Monday, April 24th.
HB 1397 - aka the Mel Sembler Medical Marijuana Act - is going to be heard in the Health & Human Services committee of the Florida House.
This is the LAST committee for HB 1397 before it goes to the House floor for a vote.
Representatives MUST hear our voices on Monday.
If you've forgotten how bad this bill is, let me remind you:
- Bans smoking, eating and vaporizing medical marijuana
- Maintains 90 day wait
- Patients have to re-certify every 90 days
- New criminal penalties for patients
- Maintains cartel system, choking patient access with high prices, poor selection and poor quality
This coming Tuesday, April 18th, is a big day. The Florida Senate and the Florida House are holding hearings on its medical marijuana implementing proposal.
Can you come?
The House Appropriations subcommittee meets this Tuesday, April 18th from 9-12pm in Webster Hall (212 Knot).
The Senate Appropriations subcommittee on Health and Human Services meets from 4-6pm n the Senate Office Building (James E "Jim" King Jr. Committee Rm 401).
Let us know if you can make it by RSVP'ing. We'll follow up soon with more details and some talking points for the committee meeting.
801 Arthur Godfrey Rd
Miami Beach, FL 33140
- Phone: (850) 364-4868
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (850) 745-2634
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org